Alex Papale is a Connecticut native and graduate of the Doctorate of Physical Therapy program at Simmons College in Boston, MA. Alex met Dustienne in 2017 at a pelvic health lecture, enjoyed working together on course creation, and now collaborate treating in the clinic.
Alex is not only passionate about treating patients with pelvic health concerns, they are also working their other dream job at Good Vibrations as a sex educator.
Alex has created course content and presented lectures on inclusive LGBTQ+ healthcare and advocating for the pelvic health profession. They have worked as a consultant for major medical institutions in the Boston area to further innovate care for sexual and gender minorities.
Alex’s passions include dismantling the patriarchy, frequenting coffee shops with a good book, and being an overbearing plant parent.
Past course creation and guest speaking events
- Ending Invisibility: Inclusive, Compassionate, and Comprehensive Care for the LGBTQ Community (Tufts Medical Center)
- LGBTQ Healthcare: Ending Invisibility and Inequality (PT Evaluation and Treatment of Transgender Patients)
- PT Considerations for Binding, Tucking and Packing (PT Evaluation and Treatment of Transgender Patients)
- Pelvic Health Physical Therapy for the Transgender/Gender Non Conforming Community (Philly Trans Wellness Conference – with Julia Kajen, PT, DPT)
- Gender Affirming Surgeries from a Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Perspective (Yale School of Nursing – with Julia Kajen, PT, DPT)